• Presidential Scholarship
  • Credit Transfer
  • Financial Aid
  • Tab

    Presidential Scholarship Program

    Brooklyn Bay maintains an extravagant program of scholarships made available to all deserving students, through the generosity of numerous corporations and foundations.

    It's a usual practice at Brooklyn Bay University that exceptional students receive scholarships and grants so that the earning of the degree is as affordable as possible. These scholarships and grants are purely given on the basis of merit.

    Current Scholarship Offerings:

    The scholarships listed are available for fresh Brooklyn Bay students, depending upon the merit and the specific eligibility requirements for the respective scholarship. Students can apply for these scholarships during the enrolment process.

    There are several other scholarships but they only apply to those students who are already enrolled into a program at Brooklyn Bay University.

    BBU General Scholarships


    Brooklyn Bay Continuing Graduates Scholarship
    For those students who have earned a bachelor's from Brooklyn Bay University in the past year and are willing to begin a master's degree.

    Education that Works for You Scholarship
    Brooklyn Bay awards scholarships to 50 students based on their academic experience and ability to showcase how the Brooklyn Bay will help them graduate.

    Education that Works for You Scholarship
    Brooklyn Bay also awards scholarship to those students who carry an outstanding CGPA or who come from low income families.

  • Tab Banner

    Credit Transfer Program

    At Brooklyn Bay, also accepts credits for the courses that students have studied earlier and who are willing to move from one program to another or from one place to another. You can save your time and money by not having to re-take classes, if your grades were above C+ and you're over all time to complete the new degree will be reduced drastically.

  • Tab Banner

    Financial Aid FAQs

    I probably don't qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?
    Yes. Many families mistakenly think they don't qualify for aid and prevent themselves from receiving financial aid by failing to apply for it. In addition, there are a few sources of aid such as unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans that are available regardless of need. The FAFSA form is free. There is no good excuse for not applying.

    Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid at a particular university?
    No. You can apply for financial aid any time after January 1. To actually receive funds, however, you must be admitted and enrolled at the university.

    Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?
    Yes. Most financial aid offices require that you apply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less aid. After your first year you will receive a "Renewal Application" which contains preprinted information from the previous year's FAFSA. Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on your making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, such as earning a minimum number of credits and achieving a minimum GPA.

    Are my parents responsible for my educational loans?
    No. Parents are, however, responsible for the Federal PLUS loans. Parents will only be responsible for your educational loans if they co-sign your loan. In general you and you alone are responsible for repaying your educational loans.

    You do not need to get your parents to cosign your federal student loans, even if you are under age 18, as the 'defense of infancy' does not apply to federal student loans. (The defense of infancy presumes that a minor is not able to enter into contracts, and considers any such contract to be void. There is an explicit exemption to this principle in the Higher Education Act with regard to federal student loans.) However, lenders may require a cosigner on private student loans if your credit history is insufficient or if you are underage. In fact, many private student loan programs are not available to students under age 18 because of the defense of infancy.

    If your parents (or grandparents) want to help pay off your loan, you can have your billing statements sent to their address. Likewise, if your lender or loan servicer provides an electronic payment service, where the monthly payments are automatically deducted from a bank account, your parents can agree to have the payments deducted from their account. But your parents are under no obligation to repay your loans. If they forget to pay the bill on time or decide to cancel the electronic payment agreement, you will be held responsible for the payments, not them.